UK: Iceland's Grimsey blames predecessors for financial disaster
"Surprised and shocked" by the lack of internal controls and misjudged management decisions he found at Iceland upon his appointment as CEO five weeks ago, Bill Grimsey reported the second profits warning in a week yesterday (31 January). It could take two years to undo the damage wrecked by his predecessors in the past six months with the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix