IRELAND/BELGIUM: IDB to sell Belgian cheese subsidiary
IDB said proceeds from the sale will be invested in "furthering the group's strategic growth plans"
The transaction, announced yesterday (11 June) for an undisclosed sum, is expected to complete by the end of July.
IDB said proceeds from the sale will be invested in "furthering the group's strategic growth plans" and in international acquisition prospects.
"The sale of our continental cheese packing business to Royal FrieslandCampina is another significant strategic step for IDB," said IDB CEO Kevin Lane. "The divestment will unlock additional capital to develop more focused routes to market for Irish product at a time when IDB Belgium's future potential can best be realised with the support of a local dairy partner. Royal FrieslandCampina can bring greater synergy benefits to the Belgian business as well as presenting partnership opportunities with IDB in the future."
IDB's Belgian operations from Genk and had turnover of around EUR100m (US$125.1m) in 2011.
The transaction is subject to regulatory approval.
Irish co-op The Irish Dairy Board is to supply own-label butter to Tesco stores in four markets in central and eastern Europe....
A busy but fruitful week for just-food was dominated by the SIAL trade expo in Paris, where thousands of international manufacturers gathered to showcase products and discuss the challenges and opport...
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report