IRELAND/BELGIUM: IDB to sell Belgian cheese subsidiary
IDB said proceeds from the sale will be invested in "furthering the group's strategic growth plans"
The transaction, announced yesterday (11 June) for an undisclosed sum, is expected to complete by the end of July.
IDB said proceeds from the sale will be invested in "furthering the group's strategic growth plans" and in international acquisition prospects.
"The sale of our continental cheese packing business to Royal FrieslandCampina is another significant strategic step for IDB," said IDB CEO Kevin Lane. "The divestment will unlock additional capital to develop more focused routes to market for Irish product at a time when IDB Belgium's future potential can best be realised with the support of a local dairy partner. Royal FrieslandCampina can bring greater synergy benefits to the Belgian business as well as presenting partnership opportunities with IDB in the future."
IDB's Belgian operations from Genk and had turnover of around EUR100m (US$125.1m) in 2011.
The transaction is subject to regulatory approval.
This report presents profiles of leading foodservice companies in Hungary. Details of the top companies active across the Hungarian foodservice industry are provided, together with the company’s major...
Irish co-op The Irish Dairy Board is to supply own-label butter to Tesco stores in four markets in central and eastern Europe....
A busy but fruitful week for just-food was dominated by the SIAL trade expo in Paris, where thousands of international manufacturers gathered to showcase products and discuss the challenges and opport...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India