IRELAND/BELGIUM: IDB to sell Belgian cheese subsidiary
IDB said proceeds from the sale will be invested in "furthering the group's strategic growth plans"
The transaction, announced yesterday (11 June) for an undisclosed sum, is expected to complete by the end of July.
IDB said proceeds from the sale will be invested in "furthering the group's strategic growth plans" and in international acquisition prospects.
"The sale of our continental cheese packing business to Royal FrieslandCampina is another significant strategic step for IDB," said IDB CEO Kevin Lane. "The divestment will unlock additional capital to develop more focused routes to market for Irish product at a time when IDB Belgium's future potential can best be realised with the support of a local dairy partner. Royal FrieslandCampina can bring greater synergy benefits to the Belgian business as well as presenting partnership opportunities with IDB in the future."
IDB's Belgian operations from Genk and had turnover of around EUR100m (US$125.1m) in 2011.
The transaction is subject to regulatory approval.
Irish co-op The Irish Dairy Board is to supply own-label butter to Tesco stores in four markets in central and eastern Europe....
A busy but fruitful week for just-food was dominated by the SIAL trade expo in Paris, where thousands of international manufacturers gathered to showcase products and discuss the challenges and opport...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details