UK: Iglo launches Birds Eye Steamfresh range
Birds Eye Mediterranean pasta added to new Steamfresh range
Iglo Group is launching a new line of Birds Eye Steamfresh frozen vegetable, pasta and rice products throughout the UK in a bid to capitalise on what it describes as the "current trend" for steam cooking.
The company said it expects the range to hit GBP36m (US$58.1m) in retail sales during the first year.
The line is split into four categories - natural vegetable mixes, vegetables with herbs and spices, fragrant rice with vegetables and pasta with vegetables. Products will be available in three pack formats - single-serve, pyramid and multi-serve steam bags.
Birds Eye is bringing the existing Veg Fusions and Rice Fusions ranges under the Steamfresh platform. The group will also launch two new pasta side dishes: Mediterranean vegetable pasta and creamy cheese penne pasta with broccoli and peas. Further products will be rolled out over the course of the year, the company added.
The launch will be supported by a GBP5.5m marketing budget.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review