UK: Ignore the WOOFs (Well-Off Older Folks) at your peril, says Datamonitor
Marketers need to reassess their strategies to account for the growth in the number of over 50 year olds, according to a new "Senior Consumers" report by market analyst Datamonitor. Whilst the vogue for youth marketing has got everyone targeting young adults, teens, "tweens" and children, untapped potential remains amongst mature consumers, especially Well-Off Older Folks (WOOFs) who should be the main target for those looking at senior consumers. As the blinkers are taken off an industry that to date could arguably be called "obsessed with youth", many of the commonly held beliefs about marketing to seniors will be challenged. The need to acquire new marketing skills is urgent - there will be an additional 7.7 million consumers over the age of 50 in Europe by 2005 compared to 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO