UK: Ignore the WOOFs (Well-Off Older Folks) at your peril, says Datamonitor
Marketers need to reassess their strategies to account for the growth in the number of over 50 year olds, according to a new "Senior Consumers" report by market analyst Datamonitor. Whilst the vogue for youth marketing has got everyone targeting young adults, teens, "tweens" and children, untapped potential remains amongst mature consumers, especially Well-Off Older Folks (WOOFs) who should be the main target for those looking at senior consumers. As the blinkers are taken off an industry that to date could arguably be called "obsessed with youth", many of the commonly held beliefs about marketing to seniors will be challenged. The need to acquire new marketing skills is urgent - there will be an additional 7.7 million consumers over the age of 50 in Europe by 2005 compared to 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020