UK: Ilchester relaunches Beer Cheese to commemorate 40th anniversary
UK cheese maker Ilchester Cheese Co has relaunched its first ever product to celebrate its 40th anniversary. Original Ilchester Beer Cheese was launched in 1962, when its alcohol content stirred a hefty protest among teetotallers, with ten million consumers boycotting the product. This was despite the fact that one would have had to eat over 20 pounds of the cheese in order to consume the equivalent of one pint of beer, said Ilchester's commercial director Melvin Glynn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units