UK: Ilchester relaunches Beer Cheese to commemorate 40th anniversary
UK cheese maker Ilchester Cheese Co has relaunched its first ever product to celebrate its 40th anniversary. Original Ilchester Beer Cheese was launched in 1962, when its alcohol content stirred a hefty protest among teetotallers, with ten million consumers boycotting the product. This was despite the fact that one would have had to eat over 20 pounds of the cheese in order to consume the equivalent of one pint of beer, said Ilchester's commercial director Melvin Glynn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast