UK: Ilchester relaunches Beer Cheese to commemorate 40th anniversary
UK cheese maker Ilchester Cheese Co has relaunched its first ever product to celebrate its 40th anniversary. Original Ilchester Beer Cheese was launched in 1962, when its alcohol content stirred a hefty protest among teetotallers, with ten million consumers boycotting the product. This was despite the fact that one would have had to eat over 20 pounds of the cheese in order to consume the equivalent of one pint of beer, said Ilchester's commercial director Melvin Glynn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega