CANADA: Imperial Capital acquires historic food company E.D. Smith & Sons
Llewellyn S. Smith, chairman of Winona, Ontario-based E.D. Smith & Sons, a Canadian food company since 1882, yesterday [Monday] announced the completion of the sale of the company to Imperial Capital Corporation of Toronto, which is commitmented to building on E.D. Smith's past successes.
"The future of E.D. Smith is in very good hands," said Llewellyn Smith. "Imperial Capital has the experience, resources and knowledge to help the company grow from our established Canadian base, while respecting our strong culture and long history of achievement in Canada."
"E. D. Smith is a great Canadian company," said Stephen Lister, Managing Partner of Imperial Capital. "We are excited about partnering with an experienced and dedicated team of employees to build on the company's wonderful legacy. Working closely with the team, we will realize our vision of becoming a significant player in the North American food industry."
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses