US: Imperial completes CEO transition
US sugar refiner Imperial Sugar Co. has confirmed the appointment of John Sheptor as president and CEO.
Sheptor takes over from Robert Peiser in each capacity in a succession that was announced last November.
Sheptor joined the Texas-based company as executive vice president and chief operating officer in February 2007.
Imperial's chairman of the board, James Gaffney, said: "We look forward to building on past accomplishments with John as our new chief executive. We all think that his talents, experience and vision, which include significant international activities, a focus on R&D and an extensive operations background, are very consistent with the current needs of the Company."
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations