USA: Imperial Sugar announces new president and CEO
Texas-based sugar processor and distributor Imperial Sugar Company yesterday [Thursday] announced the appointment of Robert A. Peiser as president and Chief Executive Office. He was also elected a director of the company.
Peiser, 53, assumes the roles of President and CEO from Robert J. McLaughlin, chairman of the board, who became president and CEO after James Kempner retired in October 2001. McLaughlin will continue to serve as chairman of the board.
Peiser's background consists primarily of senior management positions, and Imperial Sugar said he has extensive experience with companies in and those emerging from chapter 11 reorganisation. He was previously chairman and CEO of Vitality Beverages, Inc. of Tampa, Florida, a $500 million privately owned beverage company.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK