USA: Imperial Sugar Company CEO to retire chairman to assume CEO duties
Imperial Sugar announced yesterday that James C. Kempner, President and CEO will retire as CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors effective October 23, 2001. Robert J. McLaughlin, Chairman of the Board of Imperial, will assume the additional duties of President and CEO. Commenting on the management change, James Kempner said, "Last year I had informed the Board of Directors that it was my intent to retire when I reached 62 in July, 2001 and I subsequently indicated to the informal committee of bondholders during negotiations leading to the restructuring of Imperial that I would lead the Company through the restructuring process, but expected to retire following its completion." Mr. Kempner continued, "Our industry appears to have turned the corner; Imperial's competitive ability has been substantially enhanced by the successful completion of its restructuring; the Company has an experienced and capable management team in place which will now be augmented by Bob McLaughlin's extensive experience in heading companies similar to Imperial. I leave a strong company in good hands."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review