USA: Imperial Sugar Company signs letter of intent to sell Michigan factories
Imperial Sugar Company (OTC BB: IPRL) yesterday announced that it has signed a Letter of Intent ("LOI") to sell the capital stock of Michigan Sugar Company, which owns four sugarbeet factories in Michigan, to Michigan Sugar Beet Growers, Inc., a new Michigan agricultural grower-owned cooperative. The transaction is subject to the negotiation of a definitive agreement and approval by the Company's Board of Directors and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware as Imperial Sugar Company filed a petition for relief under chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code on January 16, 2001. Terms of the transaction include a cash payment of $55 million upon closing, deferred payments of $10 million and the assumption by the cooperative of $18.5 million in industrial development bonds.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review