USA: Impress to Acquire H. J. Heinz Company North American Can-Making Plants and Form Strategic Alliance Between Impress and Heinz
Impress Metal Packaging Holdings B.V. ("Impress"), a world leader in the metal packaging industry, today announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire all of the H. J. Heinz Company ("Heinz") can-making assets in North America and form a global strategic relationship with Heinz.Under the agreement, Impress would acquire and operate all five of Heinz's North American can-making operations located within Heinz's food processing plants in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania; Terminal Island, California; American Samoa; and Puerto Rico; including one stand-alone end (lid)-making and coated sheet facility in Weirton, West Virginia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail