USA: Impress to Acquire H. J. Heinz Company North American Can-Making Plants and Form Strategic Alliance Between Impress and Heinz
Impress Metal Packaging Holdings B.V. ("Impress"), a world leader in the metal packaging industry, today announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire all of the H. J. Heinz Company ("Heinz") can-making assets in North America and form a global strategic relationship with Heinz.Under the agreement, Impress would acquire and operate all five of Heinz's North American can-making operations located within Heinz's food processing plants in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania; Terminal Island, California; American Samoa; and Puerto Rico; including one stand-alone end (lid)-making and coated sheet facility in Weirton, West Virginia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs