CANADA: Improperly declared peanuts in Hsin Tung Yang puffed rice, warns CFIA
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers with allergies to peanuts not to consume Hsin Tung Yang brand Puffed Rice as it may contain peanut which is not properly declared on the label. Product affected by this alert is labelled as - Hsin Tung Yang, Puffed Rice. It is sold in 113 g packages and bears UPC 0 76487 12030 2. The affected product is sold in clear plastic pack which mentions peanuts in English and Chinese languages. However, the package also has a white sticker with ingredient listings in English and French which do not list peanuts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review