CANADA: Improperly declared peanuts in Hsin Tung Yang puffed rice, warns CFIA
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers with allergies to peanuts not to consume Hsin Tung Yang brand Puffed Rice as it may contain peanut which is not properly declared on the label. Product affected by this alert is labelled as - Hsin Tung Yang, Puffed Rice. It is sold in 113 g packages and bears UPC 0 76487 12030 2. The affected product is sold in clear plastic pack which mentions peanuts in English and Chinese languages. However, the package also has a white sticker with ingredient listings in English and French which do not list peanuts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group