USA: In senate testimony, NFPA supports appropriate use of microbiological testing in food safety system
Microbiological testing can provide important information to help produce safe foods, but only if the testing and any standards applied are science-based and used appropriately, the National Food Processors Association (NFPA) told a Senate Agriculture Committee hearing today."Microbiological standards are not a new concept, as they have been applied for decades in the processed food area," said Dane Bernard, NFPA's Vice President of Food Safety Programs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods