EU: Independent report on sugar reform will be ready next summer
The European Union said that an independent report it has commissioned to help it share the future of its sugar market will be available next summer. "We receive our external report sometime next year and we expect to publish that in the summer, sometime after the enlargement negotiations," said Russell Mildon, Director of Crop Products at the European Commission at an F.O. Licht sugar conference. The publication of the report will mark the beginning of a period of decision-making expected to last approximately 12 months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch