EU: Independent report on sugar reform will be ready next summer
The European Union said that an independent report it has commissioned to help it share the future of its sugar market will be available next summer. "We receive our external report sometime next year and we expect to publish that in the summer, sometime after the enlargement negotiations," said Russell Mildon, Director of Crop Products at the European Commission at an F.O. Licht sugar conference. The publication of the report will mark the beginning of a period of decision-making expected to last approximately 12 months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Mondelez takes thinner Oreos to Germany