AUSTRALIA: Independents fight back against supermarket giants
With leading Australian supermarket operators Woolworths and Coles Myer both committed to continuing to expand their reach, an association of their independent rivals is staging a campaign to fight back. The National Association of Retail Grocers of Australia (NARGA) has submitted to the Dawson review of the Trade Practices Act no fewer than 25 recommendations aimed at restricting anti-competitive policies by the two leading multiples.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin