AUSTRALIA: Independents fight back against supermarket giants
With leading Australian supermarket operators Woolworths and Coles Myer both committed to continuing to expand their reach, an association of their independent rivals is staging a campaign to fight back. The National Association of Retail Grocers of Australia (NARGA) has submitted to the Dawson review of the Trade Practices Act no fewer than 25 recommendations aimed at restricting anti-competitive policies by the two leading multiples.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund