India competition watchdog clears Mondelez of unfair practices
Mondelez International has been cleared of unfair trading practices in India
Mondelez International has been cleared of unfair trading practices by India's Competition Commission.
Distributor Sri Rama Agency claimed the US snacks giant and its local subsidiary - Mondelez India Foods - "abused its dominant position by imposing unfair terms in in their dealership agreement"
However, the Competition Commission of India ruled in favour of Mondelez in a filing dated 11 August.
"From the face of the allegation, it appears that it is the case of business feud and breach of contract between them. There is nothing on record which can suggest that OP 1 [Mondelez International] has imposed conditions on the Informant or other super-stockist which can be considered as unfair in violation of the provisions of section 4 of the Act. ..There appears to be no appreciable adverse effect on competition (AAEC) in chocolate market," read the filing.
"OP 1 neither imposes any anti-competitive conditions nor restricts the supply in the chocolate market," it added.
Mondelez's chocolate portfolio in India includes Cadbury and Bournville. It is the largest player in India's chocolate sector.
Savory Snacks in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020)....
Savory Snacks in Turkey industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020)....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations