India's Naturo launches on-the-go fruit snack
Naturo launches on the go fruit snack
India's Naturo Food & Fruit Products is launching a range of real fruit-based ready-to-eat health snacks.
Naturo Fruitsum is a ready-to-eat naturally ripened and dried fruit product, in mango and pineapple variants and is available as an on-the-go pack.
Vikram Reddy, chairman and MD of Naturo, said: "Fruits play an important role in providing essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibre. While India is the second largest producer of fruits and vegetables, a staggering 20 to 30% of the produce is lost because of poor harvesting, bacterial agents, handling, storage, transportation and marketing practices. Our solution is to process various fruits into delicious products which could be preserved over the long haul, keeping their nutritional benefits intact, and provide for healthier consumer choices."
The brand was launched in Chennai but will be available nationwide.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning