USA: Industry confirms support for red raspberry rules
Following an advisory ballot and a Jan. 18 hearing in Whatcom County, the state Department of Agriculture today announced its intent to move ahead on rules establishing grades and standards for fresh raspberries sold for processing. The red raspberry rules, which are to go into effect June 1, were on-hold pending further review of the small business economic impact statement that analyzed the cost of complying with them. A legislative rules review committee finding that the impact study did not pursue methods to reduce costs on small businesses prompted the review.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp