USA: Ingles Markets names James W Lanning as president
US supermarket chain Ingles Markets has announced that James W Lanning has been named as the company’s president.
Lanning, who has worked for Ingles since 1976, is to replace Vaughn C Fisher who retired in December 2002.
Ingles Markets has operations in six southeastern states. Headquartered in Asheville, North Carolina, the company operates 200 supermarkets and 77 neighbourhood shopping centres, all but 17 of which contain an Ingles supermarket.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre