UK: Innocent launches Asian noodle pots
The range is available in four variants including: Vietnamese curry; Japanese ramen; Thai tom yum; and Malaysian rendang
Smoothie and Veg Pots maker Innocent Drinks is expanding its presence in the chilled ready meals aisle with the launch of a line of South East Asian noodle pots.
Asian street food-inspired meals contain under 300 calories, give you two portions of veg and are low in fat, the company claimed today (18 February). The range is available in four variants including: Vietnamese curry; Japanese ramen; Thai tom yum; and Malaysian rendang.
Innocent says it is hoping to tap into one of the UK's fastest growing food trends: Asian street food, with the launch.
The range will be available in major supermarkets from April with a RRP of GBP3.79 (US$5.87).
innocent introduce noodle pots
innocent will be expanding its presence in the chilled ready meals aisle by launching a brand new range of South East Asian innocent noodle pots. An innovative collection of Asian street food inspired meals that contain under 300 calories, give you two portions of veg and are low in fat. They're perfect if you're looking for an easy, healthy and tasty lunch or dinner to fill you up properly.
Each innocent noodle pot is filled with delicious noodles, fresh veg, tasty sauce and exciting herbs and spices. And just like everything else we make, there are no colourings, preservatives or any nasty stuff you wouldn’t add yourself.
They will be found in four recipes:
vietnamese curry – udon noodles and edamame beans in a gently spiced coconut sauce
japanese ramen – udon noodles and shitake mushrooms in a light miso sauce
thai tom yum – rice noodles with red peppers, in a fragrant, hot and sour sauce
malaysian rendang – rice noodles and red peppers in a creamy, spicy coconut sauce
Paul Brown, food commercial director, says “We know Asian street food is one of the UK’s fastest growing food trends, and we’re excited that our brand new innocent noodle pots will meet this demand for exciting and innovative Asian inspired food with healthy, tasty and convenient options. We look forward to continuing to attract and encourage shoppers looking for convenient but also great tasting, healthy and natural meals to the chilled ready meals aisle.”
Our delicious noodle pots will be available in all good supermarkets from April 2013, with a RRP of £3.79
Original source: Innocent
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report