UK: Innocent moves into food with veggie snacks
Innocent, the UK beverage firm, has made its first push into food with the launch of a range of vegetable snack pots.
The company has unveiled Innocent Veg Pots, a range of four products that the firm said will help consumers get three of their daily portions of vegetables.
"Over two thirds of us aren't hitting our five-a-day and we all struggle to find meals that are good to eat, but also healthy and quick," said Innocent co-founder Richard Reed. "Veg pots are exactly the kind of thing that we'd want to eat, and we think that consumers will agree."
The range, which includes Thai coconut curry with soya beans, pak choi and wild rice, went on sale in Waitrose stores yesterday (8 September) and will be rolled out other retailers next month. The products have an RRP of GBP3.49.
US cereal giant Kellogg has indicated that it will remain focused on innovation in the face of global recession, with product launches expected to drive continued growth in 2009 and beyond. One major ...
Four top food analysts give just-food their predictions for the UK food retail sector in 2009....
Upmarket UK retailer Waitrose this afternoon (6 March) officially confirmed that it plans to launch a line of own-label foods, with the first products available in-store from Monday....
Upmarket UK retailer Waitrose is reportedly preparing to launch a lower-priced range of everyday foods....
The UK's Competition Commission is to introduce a code of practice for supermarkets in a bid to ensure the fair treatment of suppliers and address issues hindering competition in the market....
The New Covent Garden Food Co. has expanded its product range in the UK to include a line of ready meals for vegetarians....
UK muesli maker Dorset Cereals has launched a range of cereal bars....
Rachel's Organic, the UK-based dairy firm, has expanded its yoghurt range to include a limited-edition flavour....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities