FRANCE: Institute of Health Monitoring fears fifth vCJD case uncovered
The Institute of Health Monitoring in France revealed on Tuesday that it suspected that a fifth case of vCJD had been discovered among the population. Doctors have analysed the tissue from the tonsils of a woman in her thirties and say that they are almost certain that she has the disease. She is reported to have "typical symptoms" of the human form of mad cow disease, but the presence of the illness can only be confirmed in the event of death.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix