USA: Intellocity to build interactive television site for Food.com
Intellocity USA, Inc., the leading provider of design, development, and integration services for interactive and enhanced television, today signed an agreement with Internet food and dining network, Food.com, to transform and integrate its online food ordering service into a variety of interactive television systems.Designed to give interactive television users fingertip access to local eating establishments -- including dining guides and restaurant reviews -- the Food.com iTV service will be developed first for the AT&T advanced digital television platform. Leveraging Food.com's web site application, the new interactive television ordering system will enable viewers to order takeout or delivery menu items from local eateries."An increasing number of pioneering companies, like Food.com, see the opportunity to serve new customers through interactive television," said Joel Hassell, chief executive officer and president of Intellocity. "Intellocity is providing design, development, and integration expertise so Food.com can quickly take advantage of this burgeoning interactive growth opportunity."Intellocity will design and engineer the ordering system for integration into interactive television platforms, including a Web site conversion from two distinct platforms into one unified engine that will support set-top box and other advanced technologies."Food.com aims to make its services accessible to consumers anytime and anywhere," said Richard Frank, chief executive officer at Food.com. "By teaming with Intellocity, Food.com can enable its users to order food with the click of their TV remote control, an incredible medium for ordering takeout and delivery."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review