UK: Inter Link buys Soreen for £8.4m
UK bakery Warburtons has sold malt loaf manufacturer Soreen to compatriot cake company Inter Link Foods for £8.4m (US$13.6m). Apart from its malt loaf, which is the UK’s third biggest-selling branded cake, Urmston-based Soreen also manufactures fruit loaves, snacks, cereal bars and own-brand malt loaf to supermarkets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail