USA: Intercorp Excelle Inc. host's USA food broker meeting
Intercorp Excelle Inc. (NASDAQ: RENE), manufacturer of Canada's No. 1 refrigerated salad dressing, Renee's Gourmet(TM), announced today that on September 26, 2000 it had hosted a food broker conference at its Toronto headquarters for food brokers currently representing its products in the United States. The Company invited food brokers representing approximately 15 major food chains with over 5,000 stores in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Georgia, to visit Intercorp's headquarters and its production facilities. As previously announced, Intercorp is actively pursuing the U.S. market and has secured new listings of Renee's Gourmet(TM) and Renee's Gourmet Naturally Light(TM) dressings in a number of U.S. supermarket chains including Harris Teeter's, Wegmans, Lunds/Byerly's and Fairway Markets. Arnold Unger, Chief Executive Officer of Intercorp Excelle, said, "We now have some exceptional broker representation on the Eastern seaboard, including Crossmark in New York, and just recently, North and South Carolina and The Produce Connection located in Florida. Their experience in produce sections of U.S. supermarkets will certainly help us generate further listings and acceptance of our superior quality Renee's Gourmet(TM) brand dressings, sauces and marinades from new retailers and consumers in the United States." He continued, "We believe bringing these representatives to our headquarters to view our modern production facility, really makes a difference in generating excitement and passion for our products. We hope this excitement will automatically be passed on to their produce buyers and contacts in the U.S. The U.S. market in our category is growing very rapidly and we have been far and away the dominant category player in the Canadian market for years. We intend to bring to U.S consumers the same combination of extraordinary taste, quality, health and value that has driven our Canadian success."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report