S KOREA: Interest grows in Carrefour's future
Rumours of Carrefour's withdrawal from the South Korean market have prompted the boss of the country's largest retailer to express an interest in the business, according to local reports.
The Yonhap News Agency quoted Koo Hak-suh saying his company Shinsegae could "participate actively in the acquisition of Carrefour Korea should it be put on the block."
Rumours in the South Korean press have been growing that Carrefour may exit the market.
Koo Hak-suh, however, refused to say if Shinsegae was currently in talks with Carrefour Korea over a sale.
Retailers are expanding ever further, and food manufacturers are becoming more and more multinational. Expansion can bring increased profits, not just through higher sales but also more efficient sour...
Buying power is often used by supermarkets to negotiate with their suppliers to get lower prices. These savings can then be passed onto the consumer in terms of price cuts and promotions. But do consu...
French retail giant Carrefour has denied newspaper claims that it has been holding talks with US titan Wal-Mart....
Carrefour of France is the top foreign retailer in China, measured by sales during the first half of the year, according to a Chinese Ministry of Commerce survey quoted by the Dow Jones news agency....
A judge in Buenos Aires province has imposed an embargo of more than 150m pesos (US$52.4m) on French retailer Carrefour in favour of provincial tax authorities, according to the Dow Jones news agency....
French based supermarket chain Carrefour has announced a rise in sales of 4.1% to €20.4m in the second quarter of 2005....
French supermarket chain plans to buy French low-cost supermarket Penny Market from Germany's Rewe, while selling catering supplies group Prodirest to transGourmet, a joint venture between Rewe and S...
French supermarket Carrefour has acquires 10 hypermarkets in the Sao Paulo area from Sonae, it said today (Thursday)....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review