USA: International business no longer focus for Wendy's
Jack Schuessler, CEO of US diner-chain Wendy's , revealed to investors at a meeting last Thursday (16 November) that international operations will soon cease to be the prime focus of long term target for lifting earnings by 12 to 15%.Profit of US$6.1m was accrued by international business during the first three quarters this year, but the company, which controls 685 outlets in Latin America, Asia, Europe and Canada, has been dogged by weak performance in Argentina. Operating losses here alone reached US$3.2m, and Wendy's is now admitting that investment plans in such areas would be reviewed. "The group continues to support franchisees' business plans and growth objectives in more than 30 countries and territories around the world," said a spokesman for Wendy's. As Schuessler explains, however: "going forward, the best way that we can create value is to focus on our core business of Wendy's in North America and [coffee shop chain]
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report