US: International Flavors & Fragrances posts FY sales, profit increase
IFF enjoyed strong growth in emerging markets
US-based food ingredients group International Flavors & Fragrances saw sales and profits grow in 2013 amid "double-digit" revenue growth in emerging markets.
Reported net income was US$353.5m, or $4.29 per share, compared with net income of $254.1m, or $3.09 per share, a year earlier.
Operating profit stood at $516m in 2013 compared with $487m in 2012. The results included charges of $22.9m related to a Spanish capital tax charge and other costs associated with restructuring and operational improvement programs.
Revenue increased 5% to $3.0bn. Local currency sales increased 5%, reflecting "strong growth from new business wins and positive volume on existing business", IFF said.
Like-for-like, local-currency sales, which exclude the end of "low-margin sales activities" in IFF's flavours business, increased 6%. The emerging markets grew by 10% and accounted for 49% of annual sales, IFF revealed.
Looking at IFF's flavours arm, profit was up 9% at $324m on the back of "strong volume growth" and higher gross margins.
Reported revenue increased 3% to $1.4bn. The flavours business contributed 48% of IFF's total revenue.
"2013 was an extremely productive year for IFF," chairman and CEO Doug Tough said.
Canadean's "Evolva Holding SA : Ingredients - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company over...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis