USA: International Multifoods announces amendments to Pillsbury mix business purchase agreement
International Multifoods Corp. (NYSE:IMC) yesterday announced that it has signed an amended purchase agreement with General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS), and The Pillsbury Company, a subsidiary of Diageo plc (LSE:DGE; NYSE:DEO), regarding Multifoods' planned acquisition of the Pillsbury desserts and specialty products portfolio, the Pillsbury non-custom foodservice baking mix business and General Mills' U.S. Robin Hood brand. The amended agreement includes modifications and enhancements to the original agreement, which was announced Feb. 5, designed to address Federal Trade Commission antitrust concerns and preserve competition in the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'