USA: International Multifoods announces amendments to Pillsbury mix business purchase agreement
International Multifoods Corp. (NYSE:IMC) yesterday announced that it has signed an amended purchase agreement with General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS), and The Pillsbury Company, a subsidiary of Diageo plc (LSE:DGE; NYSE:DEO), regarding Multifoods' planned acquisition of the Pillsbury desserts and specialty products portfolio, the Pillsbury non-custom foodservice baking mix business and General Mills' U.S. Robin Hood brand. The amended agreement includes modifications and enhancements to the original agreement, which was announced Feb. 5, designed to address Federal Trade Commission antitrust concerns and preserve competition in the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report