USA: International Multifoods announces amendments to Pillsbury mix business purchase agreement
International Multifoods Corp. (NYSE:IMC) yesterday announced that it has signed an amended purchase agreement with General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS), and The Pillsbury Company, a subsidiary of Diageo plc (LSE:DGE; NYSE:DEO), regarding Multifoods' planned acquisition of the Pillsbury desserts and specialty products portfolio, the Pillsbury non-custom foodservice baking mix business and General Mills' U.S. Robin Hood brand. The amended agreement includes modifications and enhancements to the original agreement, which was announced Feb. 5, designed to address Federal Trade Commission antitrust concerns and preserve competition in the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units