USA: International Multifoods CEO Gary Costley Outlines Company's Plans to Capitalize On Foodservice Trends
Gary E. Costley, chairman, president and chief executive officer of International Multifoods Corp., told shareholders at the company's annual meeting today at the Boatworks Event Center that the company has the focused growth strategies to help it benefit from demographic trends, such as the rise in dual-income households and the aging of the population, which are fueling growth in eating away from home. "Americans are eating out or taking out more and more every year. In fact, within a few years, more money will be spent on food prepared away from home than home-cooked food. With our strategic focus on businesses that manufacture for and distribute to the foodservice industry, we're well positioned to grow along with that trend," said Costley. "What's more, a tight labor market is forcing foodservice providers to look to companies like us for creative ways to save labor during food preparation." Costley also spoke of the company's emphasis on operational excellence, outlining the company's five key operating priorities for fiscal 2001:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO