USA: International Multifoods posts drop in Q1 operating profit
Branded food manufacturer International Multifoods has reported a drop in quarterly operating profit, hit by higher commodity costs and lower pension income. Minneapolis-based Multifoods reported earnings for the fiscal first quarter to 31 May, excluding restructuring charges, of US$2m, or 10 cents a share, compared with $3.3m, or 17 cents a share, a year earlier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth