FRANCE: International sales boost Casino FY
French retailer Casino Group has recorded an increase in fourth-quarter and full-year sales, boosted by international revenue growth.
Sales in the 12 month period climbed 22.1% to EUR41.97bn (US$55.83bn), while in the fourth quarter sales were up 35.2% to EUR12.9bn. Casino attributed the increases to strong international sales growth, primarily due to the full consolidation of Brazil's Grupo Pao de Acucar in July.
International sales for the year were up 50.7% to EUR23.52bn, and in the quarter soared 75.9% to EUR8.10bn.
Domestic sales, however, were down in the quarter by 3.1% to EUR4.76bn and for the full year slid 1.6% to EUR18.45bn. Casino blamed price reductions and the ongoing decline in hypermarkets' multimedia sales for the drop.
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
Over the forecast period, Casino Guichard-Perrachon aims to become the leading player in grocery retailing in Vietnam by continuously expanding its outlet network and expanding into new areas in many ...
Retailers in Europe are looking again at the in-store experience for shoppers, refurbishing outlets and using technology, writes IRI's Laura Volpini....
French retailer Système U has entered Andorra through the acquisition of two former Casino-owned Monoprix stores....
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- United Biscuits UK plant to start strike action
- Indofood to buy Danone's Indonesian dairy arm
- Kellogg: Bisco Misr bid part of global leader aim