FRANCE: International sales boost Casino FY
French retailer Casino Group has recorded an increase in fourth-quarter and full-year sales, boosted by international revenue growth.
Sales in the 12 month period climbed 22.1% to EUR41.97bn (US$55.83bn), while in the fourth quarter sales were up 35.2% to EUR12.9bn. Casino attributed the increases to strong international sales growth, primarily due to the full consolidation of Brazil's Grupo Pao de Acucar in July.
International sales for the year were up 50.7% to EUR23.52bn, and in the quarter soared 75.9% to EUR8.10bn.
Domestic sales, however, were down in the quarter by 3.1% to EUR4.76bn and for the full year slid 1.6% to EUR18.45bn. Casino blamed price reductions and the ongoing decline in hypermarkets' multimedia sales for the drop.
Retailers in Europe are looking again at the in-store experience for shoppers, refurbishing outlets and using technology, writes IRI's Laura Volpini....
French retailer Système U has entered Andorra through the acquisition of two former Casino-owned Monoprix stores....
France's competition watchdog has cleared Casino's bid to take full control of convenience chain Monoprix....
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019