FRANCE: International sales boost Casino FY
French retailer Casino Group has recorded an increase in fourth-quarter and full-year sales, boosted by international revenue growth.
Sales in the 12 month period climbed 22.1% to EUR41.97bn (US$55.83bn), while in the fourth quarter sales were up 35.2% to EUR12.9bn. Casino attributed the increases to strong international sales growth, primarily due to the full consolidation of Brazil's Grupo Pao de Acucar in July.
International sales for the year were up 50.7% to EUR23.52bn, and in the quarter soared 75.9% to EUR8.10bn.
Domestic sales, however, were down in the quarter by 3.1% to EUR4.76bn and for the full year slid 1.6% to EUR18.45bn. Casino blamed price reductions and the ongoing decline in hypermarkets' multimedia sales for the drop.
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
Over the forecast period, Casino Guichard-Perrachon aims to become the leading player in grocery retailing in Vietnam by continuously expanding its outlet network and expanding into new areas in many ...
Retailers in Europe are looking again at the in-store experience for shoppers, refurbishing outlets and using technology, writes IRI's Laura Volpini....
Organic Food in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descr...
Food consumption is expected to rise steadily over the next five years. The authorities are also aiming to improve government spending, while simultaneously improving the business environment and stre...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Jobs set to go at 2 Sisters plants
- UK group Symington's eyes Australia growth