FRANCE: International sales boost Casino FY
French retailer Casino Group has recorded an increase in fourth-quarter and full-year sales, boosted by international revenue growth.
Sales in the 12 month period climbed 22.1% to EUR41.97bn (US$55.83bn), while in the fourth quarter sales were up 35.2% to EUR12.9bn. Casino attributed the increases to strong international sales growth, primarily due to the full consolidation of Brazil's Grupo Pao de Acucar in July.
International sales for the year were up 50.7% to EUR23.52bn, and in the quarter soared 75.9% to EUR8.10bn.
Domestic sales, however, were down in the quarter by 3.1% to EUR4.76bn and for the full year slid 1.6% to EUR18.45bn. Casino blamed price reductions and the ongoing decline in hypermarkets' multimedia sales for the drop.
Retailers in Europe are looking again at the in-store experience for shoppers, refurbishing outlets and using technology, writes IRI's Laura Volpini....
French retailer Système U has entered Andorra through the acquisition of two former Casino-owned Monoprix stores....
France's competition watchdog has cleared Casino's bid to take full control of convenience chain Monoprix....
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour