FRANCE: International sales boost Casino FY
French retailer Casino Group has recorded an increase in fourth-quarter and full-year sales, boosted by international revenue growth.
Sales in the 12 month period climbed 22.1% to EUR41.97bn (US$55.83bn), while in the fourth quarter sales were up 35.2% to EUR12.9bn. Casino attributed the increases to strong international sales growth, primarily due to the full consolidation of Brazil's Grupo Pao de Acucar in July.
International sales for the year were up 50.7% to EUR23.52bn, and in the quarter soared 75.9% to EUR8.10bn.
Domestic sales, however, were down in the quarter by 3.1% to EUR4.76bn and for the full year slid 1.6% to EUR18.45bn. Casino blamed price reductions and the ongoing decline in hypermarkets' multimedia sales for the drop.
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
Over the forecast period, Casino Guichard-Perrachon aims to become the leading player in grocery retailing in Vietnam by continuously expanding its outlet network and expanding into new areas in many ...
Retailers in Europe are looking again at the in-store experience for shoppers, refurbishing outlets and using technology, writes IRI's Laura Volpini....
French retailer Système U has entered Andorra through the acquisition of two former Casino-owned Monoprix stores....
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Why new laws on food labels can benefit business
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods