FRANCE: International sales boost Casino
France-based retailer Groupe Casino has seen rising revenue from its overseas operations boost third-quarter sales.
Casino, which runs stores in Latin America and Asia, booked a 12.1% rise in revenue to EUR6.4bn (US$9.1bn) for the three months to the end of September.
International sales jumped 59%, a figure largely driven by the consolidation of results from Colombian unit Exito.
Sales in France, which account for two-thirds of Casino's turnover, dipped 0.3% to EUR4.5bn. "This figure should be viewed in the light of a 2% negative calendar effect and the impact of bad weather in July that weighed on sales of fruit and vegetables, beverages and seasonal goods," Casino said.
Ahold has remained tight-lipped on rumours that it wants to retain shares in Dutch retailer Schuitema after the unit is sold....
An early Easter has boosted like-for-like sales at Super de Boer, the Dutch retailer....
French retailer Casino has acquired a further 6% of Dutch grocer Super de Boer from Amber Fund....
French retailer Casino has posted a jump in underlying annual profits on the back of rising sales in Latin America and Asia....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review