FRANCE: International sales boost Casino
France-based retailer Groupe Casino has seen rising revenue from its overseas operations boost third-quarter sales.
Casino, which runs stores in Latin America and Asia, booked a 12.1% rise in revenue to EUR6.4bn (US$9.1bn) for the three months to the end of September.
International sales jumped 59%, a figure largely driven by the consolidation of results from Colombian unit Exito.
Sales in France, which account for two-thirds of Casino's turnover, dipped 0.3% to EUR4.5bn. "This figure should be viewed in the light of a 2% negative calendar effect and the impact of bad weather in July that weighed on sales of fruit and vegetables, beverages and seasonal goods," Casino said.
Ahold has remained tight-lipped on rumours that it wants to retain shares in Dutch retailer Schuitema after the unit is sold....
An early Easter has boosted like-for-like sales at Super de Boer, the Dutch retailer....
French retailer Casino has acquired a further 6% of Dutch grocer Super de Boer from Amber Fund....
French retailer Casino has posted a jump in underlying annual profits on the back of rising sales in Latin America and Asia....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea