SWITZERLAND: International union meeting lays foundation for Europe-wide trade union response to rumoured massive job losses in Danone's biscuit sector
At the initiative of the IUF, the Danone Information and Consultation Committee, made up of representatives of unions from Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain and the United Kingdom, met in emergency session on Wednesday, January 17. The meeting was convened to allow unions throughout Europe to prepare a co-ordinated response to any restructuring plans that Danone might confirm and to demand concrete answers from Danone international corporate management in the light of recent press announcements reporting company plans to close ten Danone biscuit plants in continental Europe and eliminate 3,000 jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs