SWITZERLAND: International union meeting lays foundation for Europe-wide trade union response to rumoured massive job losses in Danone's biscuit sector
At the initiative of the IUF, the Danone Information and Consultation Committee, made up of representatives of unions from Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain and the United Kingdom, met in emergency session on Wednesday, January 17. The meeting was convened to allow unions throughout Europe to prepare a co-ordinated response to any restructuring plans that Danone might confirm and to demand concrete answers from Danone international corporate management in the light of recent press announcements reporting company plans to close ten Danone biscuit plants in continental Europe and eliminate 3,000 jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report