USA: Internet grocer Peapod achieves operating profitability in Chicago
Leading Internet grocer Peapod (NASDAQ: PPOD) yesterday announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2001. Peapod reached operating profitability for March in its Chicago market - a significant profitability milestone achieved three months ahead of schedule. It is also making considerable progress toward reaching operating profitability in the Long Island and Connecticut markets, where it operates in strategic partnership with the Ahold supermarket chain Stop & Shop. Ahold, a leading international food provider, owns a 58% stake in Peapod.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report