USA: Internet Solution Meets Skyrocketing Demand for Ethnic Foods and Products
Ethnic goes mainstream: EthnicGrocer.com searches the globe to provide American home chefs with easy access to high-quality authentic products Market validation: Innovative application of technology leads to $34 million in financing by Kleiner, Benchmark, Integral and others Because it capitalizes on the power of the Internet to deliver African Fufu Flour and Filipino Sweet Sugar Palm Fruit to Paducah, Ky., EthnicGrocer.com Inc. announced today a $34 million first closing of its Series C financing with several leading venture capital firms and strategic partners. At a time when venture capital financing is drying up, securing $34 million is a major vote of confidence from the VC and investment banking communities. Participating in this first closing are, among others, Integral Capital Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Amerindo Investment Advisors, Merrill Lynch, Benchmark Capital and KB Partners. "With soaring demand across the country for international products, there couldn't be a better application for the Internet," says Parry Singh, President and CEO, EthnicGrocer.com Inc. "The traditional distribution system doesn't work. Our Internet solution permits people to select and receive hard-to-find products from all over the world easily and affordably." "The market for ethnic products will be totally transformed by the Internet," says Roger McNamee, co-founder of Integral Capital Partners. "With its direct relationships to importers, its exceptional Web retailing capabilities and brilliant management team, EthnicGrocer.com is the clear leader in the hottest sector in e-tailing." The company's four Web sites--Namaste.com, GongShee.com, QueRico.com and EthnicGrocer.com--offer investors attractive business models on many fronts:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016