IRELAND: Intersnack buys Tayto Hunky Dorys stake
German snacks group Intersnack has bought a minority stake in the leading Irish snacks producer Tayto Hunky Dorys (THD).
A report in the Irish Examiner suggested that Intersnack had paid EUR15m (US$20.2m) for a 15% stake in the County Meath company.
However, when approached by just-food, Intersnack would only confirm that it had acquired a "minority participation" in THD.
Intersnack added: "We are convinced that our participation will be the basis for an intensive cooperation between the two companies."
THD is the market leader in the Irish snacks sector and is active in both the branded and private-label segments. The company operates in both Ireland and the UK, and also has a unit in the Czech Republic.
Rising disposable income in Poland is boosting consumer spending on indulgence items, and the ice cream category is benefiting - and becoming less reliant on the peak summer season. However, while Pol...
As 2007 comes to a close, just-food looks back on the ten stories that registered the highest readership figures of the year. From Tesco's entry into the US to the boardroom shake-up at Hershey, these...
ConAgra Foods has today (20 December) posted rising half-year profits thanks to commodity trading, as a recent pot pie recall hit earnings from its consumer foods business....
UK-based confectioner Zetar has snapped up upmarket Irish chocolate maker Lir Chocolates for up to EUR8m (US$11.5m)....
Limoges-based charcuterie firm Madrange has appointed its second chief executive within six months....
Canadian food and beverage group Lassonde Industries has announced that its niche foods subsidiary, Lassonde Specialties Inc., has completed the C$18.9m (US$19.0m) acquisition of Mondiv Food Products,...
Kraft Foods' decision to sell its Post cereals business has led the US food giant to close a manufacturing site in Canada....
Ralcorp Holdings said today (15 November) that its acquisition of US cereals business Post will give the private-label firm a "platform" to make further branded acquisitions....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016