UK: Intersnack "close" to United Biscuits snack deal
Intersnack is one of a number of firms rumoured to be interested in the sale
Intersnack, according to Sky News, is inching towards a "GBP400m-plus" takeover of the division, which manufacturers products include Hula Hoops and KP Nuts. A spokesperson for Intersnack, however, declined to comment on the reports.
The firm is one of a number rumoured to be interested in the sale. Last month, Japanese snacks group Calbee was understood to be a late entrant to the auction.
A spokesperson for United Biscuits confirmed to just-food in September that it was "actively trying to sell the KP snacks business" and that documentation giving details of the business had been sent to potential purchasers.
Recipients of the sale documents were understood to likely include many European consumer-focused private-equity firms, US food groups including Kellogg and Kraft Foods, and possibly some Chinese food groups.
Last month, former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy was understood to be leading a bid by private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R).
Neither Blackstone Partners nor United Biscuits would comment on the latest reports.
Kellogg struck a deal to end legal action in the US over its claim that Frosted Mini-Wheats cereal improved the cognitive functions of children....
Kellogg is to launch breakfast biscuits in France as the US cereal giant tries to win over local shoppers who do not consume milk in the morning....
Plum Organics this week joined Happy Family and Ella's Kitchen as three organic baby food brands set to have new, multinational owners. Campbell Soup Co. is to buy Plum, joining Danone and Hain Celest...
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus
- Nestle to sell Jamaican dairy unit