UK: Intersnack "close" to United Biscuits snack deal
Intersnack is one of a number of firms rumoured to be interested in the sale
Intersnack, according to Sky News, is inching towards a "GBP400m-plus" takeover of the division, which manufacturers products include Hula Hoops and KP Nuts. A spokesperson for Intersnack, however, declined to comment on the reports.
The firm is one of a number rumoured to be interested in the sale. Last month, Japanese snacks group Calbee was understood to be a late entrant to the auction.
A spokesperson for United Biscuits confirmed to just-food in September that it was "actively trying to sell the KP snacks business" and that documentation giving details of the business had been sent to potential purchasers.
Recipients of the sale documents were understood to likely include many European consumer-focused private-equity firms, US food groups including Kellogg and Kraft Foods, and possibly some Chinese food groups.
Last month, former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy was understood to be leading a bid by private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R).
Neither Blackstone Partners nor United Biscuits would comment on the latest reports.
Kellogg struck a deal to end legal action in the US over its claim that Frosted Mini-Wheats cereal improved the cognitive functions of children....
Kellogg is to launch breakfast biscuits in France as the US cereal giant tries to win over local shoppers who do not consume milk in the morning....
Plum Organics this week joined Happy Family and Ella's Kitchen as three organic baby food brands set to have new, multinational owners. Campbell Soup Co. is to buy Plum, joining Danone and Hain Celest...
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Thorntons sales, profits fall