USA: Interstate Bakeries announces agreement with Nestlé for stock buyback
Interstate Bakeries Corporation (IBC), the largest wholesale bakery in the US, has reached an agreement with Swiss food behemoth Nestlé to purchase approximately 7.4 million shares of IBC stock currently owned by Nestlé. Nestlé owns approximately 14.8 million IBC shares (approximately 29% of IBC's outstanding shares) which were acquired in its acquisition of Ralston Purina in December 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units