USA: Interstate Bakeries Corporation announces financial results
Interstate Bakeries Corporation (NYSE:IBC), the nation's largest wholesale baker and distributor of fresh branded bread and cake, yesterday reported financial results for its twelve-week first quarter ended August 26, 2000. Net sales increased 1.3 percent for the quarter, driven by improved pricing. Operating income for the quarter was $50,106,000, or 6.1 percent of net sales. Earnings per share on a diluted basis were $0.41 compared to the prior year's $0.47. For the twelve weeks ended August 26, 2000, IBC reported:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast