USA: Interstate Bakeries Corporation Makes Announcement
Interstate Bakeries Corporation (NYSE:IBC - news), in response to market rumors that it has reached agreement to be acquired by Grupo Bimbo S.A. de C.V., IBC today announced that such rumors are false. "We are approached from time to time by parties seeking information about IBC, and stating they might have an interest in a business combination," said Charles Sullivan, Chairman of the Board of IBC, "but those approaches have always proved to be without merit." Interstate Bakeries Corporation is the nation's largest wholesale baking company with 66 bread and cake bakeries located in strategic markets from coast-to-coast. The Company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre