USA: Interstate Bakeries Corporation Makes Announcement
Interstate Bakeries Corporation (NYSE:IBC - news) today announced an agreement to purchase from Ralston Purina Company ("RPC") 15,498,000 shares of IBC's common stock currently owned by RPC. The transaction, scheduled to be completed no later than September 1, 2000, will reduce RPC's holdings to 29.5% of IBC's then outstanding shares. The price per share payable by IBC shall be the average closing price per share of IBC trading on the New York Stock Exchange for the most recent 20 consecutive trading days ending on and including July 31, 2000. IBC also announced that it had amended the Shareholder Agreement with RPC. Under the amended Agreement, the provision requiring that RPC reduce its ownership to no more than 20% of IBC's common stock by September 30, 2000, has been eliminated. RPC will still be required to reduce its ownership to 15% by August 1, 2004, and 10% by August 1, 2005. IBC will continue to have the right of first offer on disposal of any IBC stock owned by RPC. Interstate Bakeries Corporation is the nation's largest wholesale baking company, with 66 bread and cake bakeries located in strategic markets from coast to coast. The Company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016