USA: Interstate Bakeries Corporation Makes Announcement
Interstate Bakeries Corporation (NYSE:IBC - news) today announced an agreement to purchase from Ralston Purina Company ("RPC") 15,498,000 shares of IBC's common stock currently owned by RPC. The transaction, scheduled to be completed no later than September 1, 2000, will reduce RPC's holdings to 29.5% of IBC's then outstanding shares. The price per share payable by IBC shall be the average closing price per share of IBC trading on the New York Stock Exchange for the most recent 20 consecutive trading days ending on and including July 31, 2000. IBC also announced that it had amended the Shareholder Agreement with RPC. Under the amended Agreement, the provision requiring that RPC reduce its ownership to no more than 20% of IBC's common stock by September 30, 2000, has been eliminated. RPC will still be required to reduce its ownership to 15% by August 1, 2004, and 10% by August 1, 2005. IBC will continue to have the right of first offer on disposal of any IBC stock owned by RPC. Interstate Bakeries Corporation is the nation's largest wholesale baking company, with 66 bread and cake bakeries located in strategic markets from coast to coast. The Company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning