USA: Interstate Bakeries posts quarterly loss
US wholesale bread baker Interstate Bakeries has reported a quarterly loss, due to rising costs and higher self-insurance reserves to cover workers' compensation claims. The company, which makes Wonder Bread and Hostess cakes, reported a fiscal fourth-quarter loss of US$4.6m, or ten cents a share, including restructuring charges of five cents a share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning