USA: Interstate Bakeries to close facility in Boise, Idaho
US bakery company Interstate Bakeries has said it is to close its bread and roll bakery in Boise, Idaho.
Interstate Bakeries, which makes Wonder bread and Dolly Madison pastries, said the closure was scheduled for 24 May and would affect 129 employees.
Production from the Boise bakery will be transferred to the company's bakeries in Salt Lake City and Ogden, Utah.
Interstate Bakeries said the reason for the closure was that it was opening a bread and roll bakery in Henderson, Nevada next month and its production capacity will exceed demand in the region, reported Reuters.
Interstate Bakeries, the marker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, has asked a bankruptcy court to allow the company additional time to draft its reorganisation plan....
Interstate Bakeries has been denied a motion to stop trading its stock, costing the company US$90m. The motion would have enabled the wholesale baker and distributor to preserve net operating losses f...
Interstate Bakeries, the bankrupt manufacturer of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, has announced further job cuts in another round of consolidation that the company hopes may reverse its poor financial perf...
Baker Interstate Bakeries Corporation has announced a voluntary recall of oatmeal cookies sold in its retail stores throughout the United States....
Baker Interstate Bakeries Corporation has announced that Richard C Seban has been appointed as its chief marketing officer....
Atkins diet company Atkins Nutritionals has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the New York bankruptcy court, the Reuters news agency reported....
Baker Interstate Bakeries Corporation has announced that Charles A. Sullivan has retired from its board of directors, effective immediately....
Baker Interstate Bakeries Corporation has introduced White Bread Fans 100% Whole Grain from Wonder, which it says is the first real 100% whole grain bread created specifically for people who love the ...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review