WORLD: Introductions to Mintel's Global New Products Database
Chicago, IL January 2002 -- Mintel's Global New Products Database has seen some interesting and notable new food product introductions this past month. Novelty cake mixes For added fun, two novel cake mixes can help liven up Christmas. In Finland, Annas Pepparkakor has launched a festive mix that is used to "build" a gingerbread house. In Germany, Dr Oetker has been inspired by a spaghetti meal. New from the company is a Spaghetti Kuchen mix. It requires the addition of eggs, strawberries and whipped cream. Presumably with the use of a piping bag, the whipped cream needs to be spread on the top of the finished cake in thin, spaghetti-like strands. A similar "spaghetti" line was reported in the Netherlands back in 2000. It comprised an ice cream coated with vanilla cream that was rippled in spaghetti-like strands, topped with a strawberry & raspberry sauce (the bolognese sauce), and pieces of white chocolate (the Parmesan cheese). It was launched by Prima Eis under the Boulevard brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund