CANADA: Investing in Moose Jaw Pork Company
Saskatchewan Agriculture and Food's Agri-Food Equity Fund (AFEF) has invested $1 million in the World Wide Pork Company Ltd. of Moose Jaw.Agriculture and Food Minister Clay Serby made the announcement while touring the facility today."This investment is just another example of AFEF's work in promoting value-added diversification, economic growth and jobs in Saskatchewan's agri-food sector," Serby said. "Since its inception, the Agri-Food Equity Fund has approved investments in small and medium-sized Saskatchewan companies totalling more than $16 million." World Wide Pork specializes in hog slaughtering and specialty cuts for the Japanese and other Asian markets. The company employs over 150 workers and has been fully operational since May, when it was purchased from Tai-Wan Pork."We plan to expand our staff and capacity over the next year or two. Once full production is attained we expect to be slaughtering over 300,000 hogs annually which will be sourced primarily from the prairie provinces," World Wide Pork President Tom Cheng said.Saskatchewan Agriculture and Food established the Agri-Food Equity Fund in 1994. The Fund invests in viable agricultural value-added Saskatchewan businesses and co-operatives by purchasing equity, in addition to offering business advice for start-up or expansion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery