MALAYSIA: Investment for expansion planned by Giant supermarket operator
Supermarket operator Giant TMC has revealed the latest stage in its expansion plans with a further RM80m investment in Malaysia, earmarked for the construction of two new supermarkets and three hypermarkets. "Giant will also be setting up an International Procurement Centre in the Klang Valley which will be a centre for the purchase and dispatch of goods to the retail outlets in the Asian region. This is to leverage on the economies of scale," said Michael Kok, regional director of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid