MALAYSIA: Investment for expansion planned by Giant supermarket operator
Supermarket operator Giant TMC has revealed the latest stage in its expansion plans with a further RM80m investment in Malaysia, earmarked for the construction of two new supermarkets and three hypermarkets. "Giant will also be setting up an International Procurement Centre in the Klang Valley which will be a centre for the purchase and dispatch of goods to the retail outlets in the Asian region. This is to leverage on the economies of scale," said Michael Kok, regional director of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week