NETHERLANDS: Investor blocks Wessanen governance changes
A senior director at Wessanen has left the business after the Dutch food group's largest shareholder did not back his appointment as the company's new sole chairman in a rejigged executive structure.
Delta Partners, which, according to Wessanen, owns between 25% and 30% of the company, was "unwilling to reconfirm its support" for the appointment of Frans Koffrie as chairman of the Bjorg organic food owner.
Koffrie had been chairman of Wessanen's supervisory board. Wessanen had wanted to move from a business with supervisory and management boards to one with a single board.
Delta Partners' opposition led Koffrie to withdraw his candidacy for the positions of non-executive director and chairman at today's (24 January) extraordinary shareholders meeting.
The announcement was issued this morning (24 January), just hours before Wessanen's EGM to vote on the changes to the way the company is run.
A spokesperson for Wessanen said Delta Partners had not disclosed the reasons for its opposition to the move.
Asked if Wessanen had felt frustrated at Delta Partners' decision, the spokesperson said it was "clear" the company had "hoped" to move to one board.
However, he said Wessanen was looking to the future under the stewardship of new CEO Christophe Barnouin, whose appointment was confirmed at the EGM.
Royal Wessanen NV (Wessanen) is a Netherlands-based developer, producer and distributor of natural and specialty food products. It offers health foods and premium taste foods such as organic, vegetari...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during February 2014....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details