IRELAND: Ireland faces record number of BSE cases in national herd
This year will see the highest ever number of confirmed BSE cases in Irish cattle, according to the latest Republic of Ireland figures. According to the Irish Department of Agriculture, the total number of cases of BSE detected so far this year has reached 246, which is the same figure for all of 2001, itself a record year. A total of 421,000 tests have been carried out on Irish cattle so far this year, compared with 660,000 tests in total in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund