ISRAEL: Israeli food industry in crisis
Israel's food industry is in its deepest crisis in a decade, according to Gezy Kaplan, Chairman of the Food Division of the Manufacturers Association of Israel . During the first five months of 2001, "productivity of the country's food sector fell by 1.9%, compared with the same period last year." He added that from January to July 2001, processed food exports fell by 8.3%, to US$248m in value, while imports rose 2.8% to US$503m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk